Introduction and AimSafari MK soft play and party venue knows that you take your privacy seriously. We do, too. We will not misuse, sell, or exploit any information provided to us and we do all we possibly can including physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to ensure your data stays safe. The majority of the information you give us is for the express purpose of keeping all customers safe inside the centre or sending you information of interest about Safari MK.
Reasons/Purposes For Processing InformationGDPR legislation states six lawful bases for processing personal information. These are the only justifications for doing so. They are:
- necessary to enter into or to perform a contract,
- necessary for compliance with a legal obligation,
- necessary to protect ‘vital interests’
- necessary for the public interest,
- necessary for a legitimate interest,
- with the consent of the data subject.
In line with this, Safari MK will store or process data for a number of reasons including:
- Financial obligations for customers, staff and suppliers (points 1 and 2)
- Photos, names, dates of birth to allow the business to run smoothly and to help ensure child safety so that the correct children leave with the correct adults (points 4 and 5)
- Contractual obligations including staff, customer and supplier contracts to ensure we are legally compliant (point 1 above)
- To inform customers, with their consent, of special offers and events that are taking place at Safari MK (point 6 above)
- CCTV images for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the children who come to Safari MK (point 4 above)
- The following legitimate purposes: accounting, billing and audit, and administrative and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, customer surveys and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences (point 5 and point 2 above)
Specifically, the information collected at reception or online is as follows:
- Telephone Number (for adults only)
- D.O.B (for children only)
Other than the email address, this information is for the security of all customers within the building so that if required they can be identified as well as enabling the business to run efficiently. The email address will only be used to communicate an event you have booked, special offers or events that Safari MK believes you would legitimately be interested in. You will be asked at the time whether you wish to be contacted via email and for what purpose.
Your RightsAs a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you. We only hold your personal data for a limited time, normally 3 years after inactive use, unless dictated differently by law such as staff or financial records.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes.
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided at the foot of this policy and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Data SecurityWe take very strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction and as part of this Safari MK has conducted a full risk assessment of all the data it processes to ensure their CUSTOMERS, STAFF and SUPPLIERS data all remains as safe as possible. If your data is involved in a data breach for any reason, in particular any data that could identify customers, staff or suppliers personally you will be informed in line with the data breach guidelines as dictated by the Information Commissioner Office see www.ico.org.uk For any data breach we will inform the ICO within 72 hours of being aware of any breach and follow our procedures after that, in line with the ICO guidance.
What are Cookies
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers. These files are stored on the hard drive of the device you are using, be it a PC, mobile phone, or tablet. These letters and numbers are used to allow a website to remember certain bits of information, so that the user experience can be improved next time you visit.
When you visit our website it is likely we will create cookies which are stored on your device. For the duration of your 'session' on our website these cookies help us to deliver the correct information and ensure you only have to enter required information once, thereby improving your browsing experience.
We also use web analytics to understand how many people have visited our website, what they have looked at and how they found us etc. This gives us a better understanding of how our website is working. All data accrued cannot be used to identify personal information and merely gives us a general idea of how our website performs.
This overview of the type of cookies we use is based on categories outlined by the International Chamber of Commerce, in the ICC UK Cookie Guide. Some cookies may appear in multiple categories.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies These cookies are necessary for the website to function. By disabling these cookies, some aspects of a website will either not work, or not work properly, such as secure logins, location services, and ecommerce functionality.
Category 2: performance cookies These cookies gather information to help improve the day to day performance of a website. By analysing data collected we can enhance popular pages, fix bugs and error messages etc. All data is based on totals and averages and is strictly anonymous. For example we use Google Analytics, which creates several first-party cookies. The data that Google collects is kept strictly private and confidential and won't be shared with anyone else. We don't feel that Google Analytics is a breach of privacy as we are merely aggregating the data survey. The information that is collected is used to understand website trends and performance.
Category 3: functionality cookies These are cookies which provide a 'memory' for the website, this enables the website to remember any personal choices you make (for example, your username, language or geographic location). A website may provide local weather reports, traffic updates and other similar localised information. These cookies are also used to remember changes you may make to text sizes, fonts and other customisable elements of the website. The information these cookies collect may be made anonymous and can't track activity on other websites.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies We nurture the use of social media websites and believe sharing is a key part of how people access new information. Social media networks are a popular way of doing this. To enable people to share information via popular social media, our website may have functionality allowing this type of activity. The owners of social media websites may place cookies on users' devices and they will have their own cookie policies. We have no control over these companies' cookies policies. How to turn off cookies Most web browsers enable you to decline or block cookies (check the “Help” or “Settings” menus of your browser to learn more). It is your right to decline cookies however doing so may disable certain features within our website(s) and compromise your experience